Home building and selling has the potential to be a lucrative business if (and it is a big “if”) there are regular inquiries translating to orders that result in steady revenues. Given the competition, it is sometimes challenging to get new customers. Customers have become more knowledgeable. In this scenario home builders need to put in extra efforts to market themselves and increase their steady stream of orders.
Stand out and specialize
A builder must create value and bring something special to the table. He could, for instance, join the niche of luxury custom home builders with attendant high returns and a reputation that earns new clients. This is not easy to achieve.
* However, what a builder can do is he can specialize in green building technologies and point out how his knowledge will result in homes that are more comfortable to live in as well as less energy hungry.
* There is practical wisdom enshrined in traditional building practices such as “Vaastu” from India. He could blend these principles with contemporary methods to create a unique image of his organization.
* A builder can also offer specialized lighting and ventilation guidance incorporated into the plans that will be perceived as giving value.
* He could also add landscaping and harmonizing exteriors with interiors as a skill.
* Custom designing service would also help a builder develop an identity of his own.
In fact, concentrating on offering custom luxury homes with special green building features, landscaping, lighting and interiors would lead to better long-term revenues and growth. If he gets one client, that new client is likely to refer him to others.
Buyers are searching online so it follows that builders too must be online in order to be found. A website is indispensable for online marketing efforts and the site must be Search engine optimized, full of informative content, spectacular imagery as well as video walk through.
* In addition to a regular website, deploying a property specific mobile responsive website gets more leads. The mobile site should show images, possibly a video and description as well as contact details in addition to testimonials from clients.
* Registering and listing property and agency on Yahoo Local and Google local, on maps and in local directories is foundation to local marketing. People usually use smartphones to find property in their vicinity.
* Writing and posting informative articles and blog posts
* Leverage social media to create an impression that the builder is an authority on his topic, hold contests online, give freebies for recommendations and plenty of other activities to network.
* Email newsletters are effective since it helps build one-to-one connection. Visitors to your website could be invited to sign up for newsletters and receive offers as well as information. Should a prospective buyer show interest, responding promptly and then maintaining the connection is vital for conversion.